Thursday, April 28, 2011

Komen CNY Chapter Seeking Volunteers for Race Day

The CNY chapter of Susan G. Komen for the Cure (R) still needs 157 volunteers to assist them on Saturday, May 14th! Volunteer duties range from handing out race bibs to participants to staffing education booths. This is a great opportunity for people who want to be involved, but cannot commit to running or walking in the actual race. To view volunteer duties, click HERE. When you're ready to sign up, click the blue "Volunteer!" button on the same page.

I had the pleasure of volunteering with Komen at the NYS Fair last summer. My role was to man their education booth, where I interacted with hundreds of fairgoers, handed out educational materials and spoke with people about breast health. It was an incredible experience. The day of the Race for the Cure (R) is just like that: THOUSANDS of people, all united for one cause, with music, snacks, dancing, and more. Hopefully, the weather this year will be a little warmer and much less windy!

FYI

I will be promoting the September 24th Rally for the Cure (R) CNY Golf Tournament during the Radisson garage sale on Saturday, May 7th. I also plan on selling some small items, including books, desk lamps, and other odds and ends, and donating a portion of the proceeds to our local Komen chapter.

If anyone has items they would like to sell, but you live outside of the Radisson Community or just have plans on garage sale day, please let me know - I'd be happy to sell them for you! Items can be dropped off at my home between now and Friday, May 6th - please organize items and post a price on the item before dropping them off. Also, please let me know if you're willing to donate a portion of your proceeds to breast cancer research.

I am still looking for a couple of volunteers to help me promote the tournament during the garage sale, so please let me know if you're available!

You can email me at nicchenet@gmail.com to arrange a drop-off of your items to be sold for, or to volunteer. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment